Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Birthday Prayer

I celebrated my birthday a few days ago, and this prayer of thanks (or at least bits and parts of it) kept playing in my mind the whole day...


Lord, thank you for the great friends that I have, people who loves me, people whom I can run to and rely on, knowing that they would help me without expecting anything in return, people with whom I could have good fun, and 
endless witty and not-so witty conversations. While one cannot
 choose family, one can choose friends. Thank you for making my friends choose me! They are truly angels that you have sent in my life. And if I had only one friend left, I want them to be more! 



Thank you for my family who have been my source of joy and inspiration. It has been said that one cannot choose his fam
ily, but one has to cherish and love the family he has been dealt with. Lord
, thank you that I didn't get to choose my family...because no one could do a better job of putting together a more perfect family than You. Thank you for a family filled with so much love for each other and so many personal
 imperfections, that we rely on your grace everyday to keep our love for each other alive. Thank you for the 
challenges that have strengthened our love even further, but more i
mportantly, have strengthened our faith in you.




Thank you for my wonderful husband Nong!
I used to think that 
I might have done some
thing good in my life to deserve someone like him. I couldn't be more wrong. I didn't deserve him. I don't think I ever will. But by your grace, you
gave me the kindest and  "purest" hearted man on earth to be my husband and best friend. As if that 
wasn't enough, you also gave me someone intelligent, funny and totally HOT too! Oh yes, thank you for that God.





I look back and realize that my life is sprinkled with your amazing love and grace. Even at my lowest and darkest times, when I thought You were not present, when You were farthest from my mind, I know now that You were there, and You were in control of my life. There were times when I was ashamed to approach You, or talk to You, knowing that my life wasn't exactly a good testimony of Your glory. Thank you for never letting go. Thank you that despite my transgressions, by your grace you have forgiven and saved me.


Lord, thank you for the gift of life. I truly am thankful for the 32 years you have given me, and even more thankful that my life is more meaningful at 32. I am looking forward to my walk with Jesus. 

I thank You Lord, in Jesus' name, Amen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

amen mano! i praise God for opening your eyes to HIs wonderful world ;) indeed, you are very much blessed! and i am blessed too to be your friend ;)